Thursday 22 April 2010

My First Case Mod

Below follows evidence of my first attempt at case modding, a window mod.

I only used a Dremel 400 with reinforced Metal Cutoff discs and a couple of different hand files.

It's not 100% complete, but at very least the first stage is complete.

I intend to get some U-Channelling to finish the edges, put some different coloured perspex/acrylic behind the cut outs, and possibly re-paint the panel to a different colour.

The panel came from an ATX case that I don't use at the moment, which in my mind made it a great 1st project, in case something went wrong.

Anyway here are the photos:



1) I forgot to take a proper "before" photo:





























2) My initial, very ambitious, design:





























3) The first couple of cuts:




























4) Some slight modifications to the initial design:




























5) Finished cutting and filing:




















































6) A comparison of the cutoff discs I used (on the right) to a fresh one out of the pack (on the left):


No comments: